Flights of Faith

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Top Ten: On The Radio...

1. Akon - Don't Matter

Sometimes, I wonder how pop culture is allowed to progress so much faster than other facets of life. While Keith Ellison fends off criticism to get sworn in using the Qur'an, suburban soccer moms are blasting this Muslim rapper's songs all the way to #1.

Gwen Stefani ft. Akon - The Sweet Escape

Then again, some things never change. Gwen Stefani's minstrelsy act must end. The song is catchy. The Japanese girls have been caught.

Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot

I'm hot because I'm fly. You ain't because you not. 'Nuff said. Seriously though, where did he come from and why am I not a rapper?

Fergie ft. Ludacris - Glamorous

Gotta admit it. Brilliant pop song. Still have huge problems w/ her and the retro 80s throwback that she's trying to conquer w/ Gwen. Too soon!

5. Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

Innocent enough, I guess. I hope old Avril is still present on the album. Hey, we all need our angst.

Beyonce and Shakira - Beautiful Liar

They look the same in this video. I've never tried to comprehend the lyrics. The hip drop in the dance break = stuff of legend.

Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold

Brown Cupid krumping. I'm there.

Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around

Great song. Horrible video. Affirms my slight contempt for Scarlett. Affirms and reproduces sexist discourse.

Daughtry - It's Not Over

Am I a lunatic if I claim to like Nickelback, Daughtry, but not Hinder? Hope not.

10. Diddy ft. Keyshia Cole - Last Night

"Preserve my sexy" Still waiting for that single.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home