Flights of Faith

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Desired Words for My Life

I reach for words. I desire to be known by some. Ultimately, I just want Jesus. I want to be more like him every day. And I know that does not mean getting better every day. It means becoming alive. It means making strange things normal. It means being peculiar. But everything else I have tried has left me dissatisfied, so this will have to be it. These are words I dwelled in 2009 for I think they are needed catalysts in a life of positive faith for our world today.

Loved.
Loving.
Loyal (to the good).
(Full of) integrity.
Undivided (heart to the good).
Trustworthy.
Worshipper (in spirit and in truth).
Passionate.
Creative.
Visionary.
Generous.
Compassionate.
Patient.
Merciful.
Gracious.
Forgiving.
Innocent.
Pure (in heart).
(Willingly) obedient.
Needy.
Hungry and thirsty.
Blessed.
Powerful (for the least, not at the cost of them).
Empowering.
Servant.
Wise.
Teachable.
Free.
Found.

And as always,

Friend - this is the word that has characterized my life.

What words do you desire?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea White said...

I like the idea of just dwelling on words. Especially if you can just spend a certain amount of time on one or two, see if that changes things. Think I'll make that a goal for this year.

Also like the blog :)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home