Flights of Faith

Thursday, May 07, 2009

The End of Five Months of Silence

This school year is almost over.

Life keeps getting better.

I'm walking closer with Jesus than ever before. I'm feeling more of my brokenness and failures, yet I am also experiencing the sweet resurrection power of our Savior and this communal effort, the salvation of our souls.

I've learned so much this year. God has poured into me. Even though I believed, I did not know any of this was possible. I didn't know His news was this Good. So I'm a believer, again and again. I'll keep saying, "Yes." Because this is the truest I've ever felt, the most joyous I've ever been. My sorrow is so different now, always lined with grace. This eager anticipation, this groaning in anticipation of Kingdom things provides its own sort of relief. It's coming.

And I'm back, here to stay. There might be a brief interruption as I finish writing papers this year, but I know God wants me to write. It's not an obligation. It's not a chore. It's a gift and a way I can express my love for the One who has shown me so much of His.

Excited for this journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Tina Colon said...

DEEP. Dude, the "sorrow lined with grace" line is beautiful.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home