Flights of Faith

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Eleven Movies

Originally, I thought I only had seen four '07 movies in the theaters this (past) year.

Atonement
Enchanted
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Ratatouille

Turns out I saw nine more.

American Gangster
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Spider-Man 3
Stardust
Stomp the Yard
Amazing Grace
Bridge to Terebithia
Meet The Robinsons

Airplane Movies: Music and Lyrics, Freedom Writers, Zodiac*, 300*, Waitress**, Transformers, Hairspray

*indicates I turned the film off **slept through

The year in film?

I don't know. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed. '06 was absolutely magnificent, especially December. Films that actually took me somewhere. Looking at the list of films I saw, every film (with the possible exception of American Gangster) had the potential to be amazing and also a personal favorite of mine. Almost all fell a bit short.

Top Three: Potter, Pirates, and Atonement.

2008, be better. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home